How to configure ISDN with Linux Kernel 2.6 on Debian and connect to the LRZ via M-Net
This TechTip describes how to set up kernel 2.6 on Debian Sarge and to use its new ISDN architecture - or another one, namely mISDN - in order to connect the Leibniz Rechenzentrum.
- DialIn-Hardware (ISDN-NTBA) from M-Net
- Asus KT-266A Motherboard with Athlon K7 (1400 MHz), 1 GB RAM
- Kernel 2.6.6
- ftp://ftp.in-berlin.de/pub/capi4linux/. My version was capi4k-utils-2004-06-14
- ftp://ftp.isdn4linux.de/pub/isdn4linux/CVS-Snapshots. My version was mISDN-CVS-2004-07-08
Documentation I followed:
- /etc/ppp/peers/isdn/lrz Don't forget to adapt the file to your account access data for the LRZ!
- /etc/ppp/peers/isdn/mnet There is no need to change anything. It works fine for me as it should for any other M-Net customer.
If you have done everything up to now, your access should work. Don't forget to register your kernel modules in the file /etc/modules and don't forget to register your capifs mount data in /etc/fstab!